|The Somerset Book Club may interest you. Meeting at 7:00 pm the second Thursday of every month the group has been in existence since 2002.
The purpose of the Somerset Book Club is:
The schedule for the meeting dates and who is hosting is determined annually. The meetings take place at a member's home and can be changed or exchanged with another member if that date is not satisfactory. The current book to be reviewed is chosen by the hostess from the previous month.
- To encourage reading books not necessarily within your interest level,
many are on the best seller list
- To gather to listen to the readers perspectives of those books chosen
- To develop additional friendships among members within the area.
These and other books have been reviewed: Fire Ice, Lovely Bones, Swan House, The King of Torts, The DaVinci Code, Dancing at the Rascal Fair and Murder on Memory Lane (unpublished manuscript).
Some of the future books planned for review are:
- Night Fall, by Nelson DeMille
- Invitation of Vahalla, by Mike Whicker
- State of Fear, by Michael Crichton
- The Amber Room, by Steve Berry
- Digital Fortress, by Dan Brown
- The Kite Runner, By Khaled Hosseini
- The Historian, by Elizabeth Kosta
- Stones from the River, by Ursula Hegi
- Midwives, by Chris Bohjalian
- The Same Sweet Girls, by Cassandra King
- Interpreter of Maladies, by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Term Limits, by VinceFlynn
- The Memory Keeper's Daughter, by Kim Edwards
For current meeting information check the SHOA Calendar.
New members are invited and are always welcome to join the club.
For more information, call Judi Caldwell at 770-953-2449 or send Judi an email.