SWIM-AT-YOUR-OWN-RISK (SAYOR) RULES:
Somerset Swim/Tennis members and their children are allowed to use the pool without a lifeguard during stated Swim-At-YourOwn-Risk hours. Please note: an adult member MUST be on the pool deck with children (17 years and younger) – no exceptions. Anyone violating this rule will have their access card deactivated and will be suspended from the pool for the remainder of the season. The family of the unsupervised child will be fined $50.
- Each person is responsible for cleaning up and removing their trash, putting the chairs back around the tables, and putting the umbrellas down prior to leaving the pool area.
- Swim-At-Your-Own-Risk official swimming hours: May 22 thru September 27, 2021, starting no earlier than 6:00 am and staying no later than 9:00 pm. No access-card holder is allowed in the pool area after 9 p.m. – no exceptions.
- Anyone violating this rule will have their access card deactivated, will be suspended from the pool for the remainder of the season, and will be fined $50.
- Normal pool rules remain in effect during Swim-At-Your-Own-Risk hours. These include no running, pushing or horseplay, no pets, and no glassware allowed in the pool area. No bicycles, skateboards, or scooters are permitted.
- Children who are not potty-trained must wear a swim diaper AND rubber pants. The child must wear a tight-fitting bathing suit over the diaper. Both United Pool Service (844-766-5648) and the SHOA Pool Chair must be called immediately if a fecal “accident” occurs. The pool must then be shut down for a period of 24 hours for treatment.
- The lifeguard stand is ALWAYS off-limits. The lifeguard stand is for lifeguard use only and is off-limits 24/7 to all pool members.
- Residents of Somerset who are not Swim/ Tennis members may not use the pool at any time. Also, other current Swim/Tennis members who do not have their Pool Access/Swim-At-Your-Own-Risk Card with them may not use the pool during Swim-At-Your-Own-Risk times
- You must keep your card in a safe place and you may not share it with non-pool members. Do not open the pool doors for anyone who does not have an active pool access card with them.